Getting plastic surgery is a huge decision, so it’s essential that you take the time to find the best possible surgeon out there to get you the results you want. There are plenty to choose from out there, but not all will have the experience or qualifications necessary to get the job done well. Avoid facing complications, multiple procedures, or results that don’t quite look that way you expected by following these surgeon-finding steps.
- Check their qualifications. When shopping around for a great surgeon, you’ll need to check their certifications to ensure that they’re fully qualified to do the procedure you’re hoping to undergo. The Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons can provide you with a list of accredited surgeons who specialise in breast augmentation melbourne, and you can also ask for the board certifications of every surgeon you encounter or interview. Research their certifications to check that they have the skills you need before settling on a particular surgeon.
- Look at previous results. When considering a particular surgeon for your planned procedure, ask to see their previous surgical results. This will give you a good sense of what the aesthetic of the surgeon is, and will help you feel confident that you’ll get the results you’re looking for. Seek out pictures of clients who have a similar body shape to yours to see how the results looked on them. You may notice particular patterns in the results of the surgeon’s clients – keep an eye out for any red flags that may indicate that the surgeon’s aesthetic differs substantially from yours.
- Ask for referrals. Sometimes, the best way to find a great surgeon who will work well with you is to ask around amongst your family and friends. If you know someone who’s had a procedure with results you admire, ask them for a referral to their surgeon. You can also check out local surgery forums to read personal stories about doctors in your area and get direct recommendations. Get a list of referrals and research each one – you may quickly and easily find the surgeon you want.
- Attend a thorough consultation. Arranging a consultation is your first step toward surgery. Book consultations with all of the surgeons you’re interested in using and make note of how comfortable you feel with each candidate. How is their bedside manner? Do you feel comfortable in their company? Are you able to freely ask questions and do you feel like they give you direct answers? The surgeon should be open to answering any queries you have, and should give you a thorough assessment as well as a set of options for how they can help you correct the problem.
- Take time to make the right decision. Deciding on a cosmetic surgery procedure and the surgeon you want to carry it out is a big decision, and not one to be taken lightly. Give yourself plenty of time to do research, think, talk to people you trust, and consider your options. Rushing into the decision could lead to major regrets in the future, so it’s crucial that you give yourself plenty of time to come to the right choice. If you have any feelings of discomfort during the process then take a moment to step back and look at your options again.